Peacebuilding, Credible Elections and Civic Engagement (PEACE).
To reduce the drivers of conflict and violence in elections that is driven, among others by the commercialization of politics, ACFIM promotes peaceful, credible elections and civic engagement.
This strategic intervention is rooted in the recognition that colossal spending on elections raises the stakes for winning, leading to violent political battles. ACFIM advocates for elections as genuine peacebuilding mechanisms that empower citizens to exercise their civil and political rights. The aim is to create an environment where citizen observers can exercise their rights freely and the commercialization of politics is mitigated.
- Promote Civic Engagement
- Promoted Credible Elections
- Protect Fundamental Liberties
- Mitigate Commercialization of Politics
- Electoral Conflict Prevention and Resolution
- Engage in Efforts to Strengthen Peacebuilding