Money in Politics Transparency
In pursuit of democratic renewal, ACFIM promotes transparency and openness in the financing of political parties and election campaigns.
In pursuit of democratic renewal, ACFIM promotes transparency and openness in the financing of political parties and election campaigns. Recognizing that money in politics is a critical cornerstone of a well-functioning democracy, our strategic objective is to address the opaqueness in political financing that allows unregulated money to compromise political integrity in Africa.
By addressing the opaqueness of political financing, we seek to protect the integrity of political processes and reduce the influence of “dirty money,” ultimately fostering healthier, more accountable democracies across the continent.
- Monitor and Document Political Financing
- Knowledge Production on Political Finance in Africa
- Publish the Political Finance in Africa Index
- Convene Multi-Stakeholder Platforms
- Engage with African Union and Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
- Capacity Building Programs through the Political Finance Academy
- Organise Political Finance Experiential Learning Institutes
- Strengthen Regulatory Frameworks